As companies struggle to stay afloat using restructuring, reorganization and retrenchment strategies, nowadays it’s easy for even the most skillful employees to lose their jobs.
If you’ve been laid off due to cost-cutting measures, your unemployment could actually be a blessing in disguise as many have come to realize the benefits of starting a consulting business instead of applying for similar jobs in other companies.
Change in your job situation can be a good thing for as long as you open yourself to new experiences and challenges.
In the bestselling book “Who Moved My Cheese”, author and psychologist Spencer Johnson emphasizes the point that change in most aspects of life is inevitable and that the sooner we move to a new direction, the sooner we are able to find something better to replace them with. You, too, can move on from a terminated employment to a financially rewarding consulting business.
Tips for Starting a Consulting Business
* Work from home: You don’t need to spend your exit compensation or savings just to start this business. Consulting is a flexible business that you can do from home, eliminating rent and other overhead expenses in the meantime. Some basic equipment that you’ll need is a computer, Internet connection, telephone and fax machine.
* Market to your immediate circle: Your first clients will most likely come from your innermost circle of relatives and friends who own small and medium-sized businesses that may need your expertise. From there, you can build your list of potential clients by asking for referrals and by attending social functions and gatherings where you can give out your business cards.
* Learn new skills: Update your skills by learning new techniques, applications or taking up a short course that can make you an expert at something and allow you to charge premium fees for your services. You can study these on your own or jumpstart your business by investing in a system or tools developed by experts. Tip: Learn a few Internet marketing techniques that most businesses need such as SEO, content writing and email marketing.
* Create your business plan: This need not be a complicated MBA-type feasibility study although you’ll need to set your goals, vision, business model and strategies at the onset.
If you are serious about starting a consulting business, you can choose to offer a full menu of services, specialize in one service or create information products that can teach business owners some of your skills which may be valuable to them.
Expect other income opportunities to present themselves as you venture into consultancy, something that you may not have the freedom to undertake if you were still employed.
With so many people having a tough time nowadays, one of the best kinds of businesses to start is one that helps make people’s lives easier or provides a sense of security for them.
Of course you also need to make some good money for yourself at the same time. Starting a consulting business is a great way to do both.
One of the reasons starting a consulting business is a great idea is because many small business owners simply don’t have the time to research cutting-edge marketing techniques, they have to work on developing their products and services.
This is invariably why a lot of businesses can end up failing. Without promoting their business and developing market attention toward their products and services they tend to fall short in their customer base and never see the profits their business could have made.
That’s where you’ll come in as a business consultant. Let’s take a look at what you can expect:
* As a business consultant you’ll have the lucrative responsibility of staying up to date with the cutting edge innovations of internet marketing strategies and by applying these strategies to your clients marketing needs you’ll be bringing them potentially hundreds of thousands of costumers month after month.
* As your client’s profits grow so will your reputation.
* As you keep them ahead of their competition they’ll keep coming back to you so they can maintain the steady growth of their business.
Having said that, here are some key benefits of becoming a small business internet consultant:
* there’s almost no start-up capital needed
* you don’t need any experience or years of expensive education
* charge the right price for your services and you won’t need many clients to start making a decent income
* once your clients know they can depend on your services you’ll have a steady source of income just from their demand to keep their market in good maintenance
* you can expand your business to make even more money
When you are ready to take on more clients you can do so by developing a team of people who specialize in the different aspects of internet marketing.
By finding the right person online to handle each part of your client’s needs, you’ll be providing your service to your clients even faster than before and will be able to increase your fees to a higher level than you did when you were first starting a consulting business.
There are rules that one needs to follow to obtain government agencies contracts. Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is the principal set of policies and procedures that govern acquisition or contract actions of all federal executive agencies. FAR does not regulate the purchasing activities of private sector firms. The rules may apply to them only when parts are incorporated into government solicitations and contracts by reference. It’s important to have an in depth understanding and knowledge of the rules if a company, or an individual, is seeking to obtain the government agencies contract, or grant. FAR contracts consultants provide guidance, recommendations, and advice to contractors, subcontractors, and grantees.
These FAR contracts consultants have complete understanding of the FAR rules, policies, procedures, and other elements of the federal procurement field. They work with their clients to win particular contract or grant. These government contracts consultants are dedicated professionals who have the experience and expertise to help companies, operating in various industries. They have the latest understanding on the financial and regulatory issues of government contractors in the aerospace, defense, manufacturing, transportation, telecommunication construction industries, and more.
It’s better to hire the services of the consultant with which one believes it can develop a good working relationship. Before contacting FAR contracts consultants, all the paper works must be completed, mentioning the aim behind seeking the government contract. The paper work helps in preparing the right proposal. In addition to creating the winning proposal, the consultants also find and fix accounting related problems; help settle adverse government findings quickly; successfully negotiating the contract, and much more.
The contact information of government contracts consultants can be found via business directory, yellow pages, or by using searching engines. One of the aims of FAR is to provide “integrity, fairness, and openness,” and one should expect the same from FAR contracts consultants.
A tax consultant is a tax adviser, trained in Law, whose job is provide the advice to businesses and individuals to manage their taxes. Their work is to reduce the tax burden from one’s life. Each individual has to file the tax according to the income as well as savings. These taxes are paid to the Income Tax Department, depending on the different slabs of the Government. These funds are further used by the Government for the improvement of the society and the nation.
There are Tax Consultants available in the market that provides the advice to save the taxes and gives the advice regarding the taxes. We can save money from our income, without paying to the Government as tax without any need. These consultants are registered by the government for the common man to give the right advice. We are saving our self from paying to the Government thus increasing our savings, which reduces the burden for future.
Tax consultants bear all the burdens related with the tax of the client. Now it is their responsibility to file the income tax return in place of their client. If the returns are not filled at the right time, it will be more burdensome for the client than paying the actual taxes. It is crucial to opt for the right consultant as a right adviser can reduce the burden, while choosing a wrong option can increase it. Freshers without any prior training start giving advice due to which we can get poor tax advice. Sometimes their advice is so misleading that legal disputes can occur. Some tax consultants apart from giving advice on taxes provide fruitful financial advice. They not only advice on taxes however also on the business expansion plans, individual tax planning, corporate tax planning, retirement planning, financial investment advice, mortgage intermediary and wealth protection. It’s better to choose a tax consultant very wisely so that the business and profit can grow to the maximum